Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sunday Stash Report

Used this Week:                          1.11 yards
Used year to Date:                   17.11 yards
Added this Week:                     4.5 yards
Added Year to Date:                  26.625 yards
Net Used for 2012:                     - 9.515 yards

Country Caboose in Wahkon, MN, started their Super Bowl sale on Saturday and we were driving within a short distance of the shop and of course I had to check out the sale. I have been trying so hard not to buy fabric but I had a specific project in mind for my grandson's graduation quilt. This weekend was a good opportunity to buy the main batiks on sale for the quilt. I hope to get the border fabric during the Leap Year sales at the end of the month. By the 29th of February, I should know exactly what I need for his quilt.

I finished a pillowcase to be donated through our guild for service project. Have 38 cancer bags in process but can't deduct that yet. The cancer bags are given to the hospital and all newly diagnosed cancer patients get a bag to hold all of their papers and any other handouts. This is a standing service project for our guild. The hospital needs approximately 700 bags per year. These are not hard to make, just take a little time and should help to keep me out of a little mischief.

WooHoo -- Hubby has actually consented to go see the movie "War Horse" with me. He hasn't gone to a movie with me for 4+ years. I usually end of going by myself or with my children. Nice treat to have him with!! 
Beth

1 comment:

  1. Oh fun! My husband and I do not go to many movies anymore since there are few that we really feel are worth the cost. I've heard War Horse is an excellent movie - enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete