Monday, October 8, 2012

Design Wall Monday

The last week has been an uneventful sewing week. The first week of every month has a majority of my club meetings and then not a lot is happening for the rest of the month. This month our quilt guild actually meets on the second Thursday, instead of the first Thursday, due to a scheduling conflict at the church. It is nice when the events are spread out over the month.

There was no stash report on Sunday, since there was not change, but I have been working on two quilts. One is actually on my UFO list and one is a new project -- "I just had to do it project!!!"   Very big grin ;>)


The quilt on the left, I designed a couple of years ago and just never finished it. It is called, "Black, White, and Bright." All of the red and black sections are pieced, I still have the white, black and colored nine-patch to finish piecing.

I saw a picture someplace for a dresden plate done with dotted fabrics and I "just had to do one!"  One-third of the plates are pieced and ready to be appliqued onto the backgrounds. I have another one-third of the plates ready to be pieced. The points are a great TV project since they are the most tedious part of doing the plates. I hope to have all of the plates pieced this week and then they can be placed onto their background squares. Since I have a retreat at the end of this month, I plan to do the machine applique at the retreat. Of course, there will be a few other projects taken along. After all, I don't want to run short of things to do!  LOL

Hop over to Patchwork Times and see what others have on their design wall - http://www.patchworktimes.com/2012/10/08/design-wall-monday-october-8-2012/

Beth

6 comments:

  1. What fun to see your Black, White, and Bright patchwork! I enjoy the secondary design it creates.

    As for the Dresden Plates, you go girl!!!! I cannot imagine doing all that applique handwork and my straight stitch doesn't zigzag. But your collection of dotty fabrics are just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for liking the Black, White, and Bright.
      A few years ago, I would have hand appliqued the plates, but I am into immediate gratification and want to get it done. The dot fabrics are so much fun to work with.

      Delete
  2. I love your Black, White & Bright quilt Beth! It's just simply gorgeous!!! A Dresden quilt is in my future someday, but I have no idea how far in the future :*) It will be fun seeing yours come to life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks!! The Dresden Plate quilt is just so much fun to do. Dots for the "dotty" as some of my friends would say --- LOL Not sure what the border treatment will be yet. It hasn't told me yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dotty dresdens. I just finished a dresden myself and if I make another one that dotty looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy, Thanks for stopping by. I am having a blast making the dotty dresden. The fabrics are just so fun and cheerful.

      Delete