Sunday, July 28, 2013

Stash Report

Used since last report:        0.00 yards
Used year to Date:            47.00 yards
Added since last report:     5.00 yards
Added Year to Date:         34.17 yards
Net Used for 2013:            12.83 yards

The Fabric Demon bit me!!!! LOL  I haven't bought a FQ Bundle in years but I did buy one this week and did a wonderful job of enhancing my stash. I received a bundle of 20 FQ's of Collage from Fat Quarter Shop this week. I really, really like fabrics with writing on them and the colors in this bundle were just too much fun. There are also coffee cups and birds with writing on them. What could be better?  Please don't ask me what I am going to do with them. Haven't a clue except to pet them and enjoy the eye candy. Some ideas will come eventually.



I have been doing some machine embroidery. Urban Threads had the neatest new design packet called Miniature Menagerie. They showed them done up into a quilt. Did I have any resistance??? NO!!! What a fun quilt it will be. There are two more designs to be embroidered plus I will need to repeat all of the blocks for a total of twelve embroidered blocks. 






Getting excited to attend the the Machine Quilting Today Show in Wisconsin. There is a group of us going. Since we don't all take the same classes, we will be able to share information learned from different classes.  I am also taking a Nolting Maintenance class. This will be very beneficial since I have a Nolting Fun Quilter and live quite a distance from any support. Not that I have had to do much except time the bobbin area. When I get back home from the show, I should be all enthused to get at the mound of machine quilting that I have to do. I think the banister can't take much more getting stacked on it!!! This will provide me with an opportunity to try out the new things that I learn.

Make sure you hop over to Patchwork Times and see what others are doing.
Beth

2 comments:

  1. Oh how fun to be going to a MQS!!! I can't wait to see what you do with all that inspiration. And those fabrics.... ooo-la-la!!!! Sure makes me wish I had not gone on a fabric fast - they're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teresa, You just may have to break that fast!! LOL Good to hear from you again. I am just back home for the day and catching up with everyone.

      Delete