Friday, April 14, 2017

First Finish for 2017

Due dates for projects sure help!! LOL  I finished a quilt for " Be There But Don't Be Square " challenge at my guild, Pinetree Patchworkers, of Brainerd, MN. Members took a batch of squares home and were to bring back a quilt using a shape different than a square. I decided to use the largest 60 degree triangle that could be cut from the 6" squares I took home. Some of the squares were pieced and I used them just the way they were sewn. The center of the quilt went together very fast and I decided to call the quilt, "Scrappy Hexies."

Center of Scrappy Hexies
The border for the quilt took way too long. The leftovers of the 6" squares were pieced together for smaller 60 degree triangles to use in the border. Amazingly, it didn't take a lot of adjustment to get the borders to fit.
Adding borders
Couldn't decide what to use for binding. Finally decided to use a white and black stripe. Quilted it with curved lines inside the triangles.
Scrappy Hexies - FINISHED!!
50" x 60" 

Back of quilt
I was surprised that I was able to make the whole top of the quilt with the scrap squares with the exception of the inner border, binding and backing.

Hugs, Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment