Saturday, April 15, 2017

Guild Meeting & Block of the Month

On Tuesday, April 11th, Amanda Jean Nyberg (Co-Author of Sunday Morning Quilts) was our speaker at the Ripple River Quilters Guild in Aitkin, MN. She was so much fun to listen to. While she doesn't have the sewing background that many of my generation have, she wasn't afraid to dive in and make a quilt. Yahoo, for the younger quilters! Love seeing what they are up to.

Amanda Jean with one of her fabric storage cubes
Here are a couple of the quilts that Amanda Jean showed. Not all will be in her new book, "No Scrap Left Behind." I would personally call the bottom quilt, INSANITY!!! LOL




At the last retreat attended, I pieced ten of the blocks for Kim Diehl's "Journey's End" BOM. Normally civil war type of fabrics are not my go to fabrics, but I liked the pattern. I have been cutting out more of the blocks for my next retreat. They are 9 1/2" square. The little quilt blocks in the side of the house are 4 1/2" square. There will be a total of 25 blocks when completed.



Hope everyone has a Happy Easter.

Hugs, Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment