Monday, May 1, 2017

May 1st in MN, Quilt Retreat & Wedding Shower

Got up this morning and wished Hubby a Merry Christmas. This is what May 1st in Aitkin, MN looked like!  😉



Drove to Fargo, ND on Friday. It was a beautiful drive and on the way I stopped at Red Pine Quilt Shop in Detroit Lakes. The quilt shop is a nice one and they have a good selection of fabrics. Friday afternoon my daughter Natalie and I shopped for decorations for Brenda's wedding shower. Brenda is my youngest daughter and she is getting married in September. Natalie and I spent Saturday looking through some fun shops in Fargo and had a nice relaxing day. Sunday morning I headed back home.

I attended a retreat from Monday, April 17th to Thursday, April 20th in Avon, MN. This is a group that retreats together three times a year. We have such a fun time, Our group has come up with a name: Rippin' Good Stitchers.

Retreaters

Retreaters
Becky was working on this quilt called Bounce by Quilting on the Curve.



At the retreat I did manage to finish another ten house blocks for Journey's End by Kim Diehl. Ten of the blocks were completed at the February retreat. Hope to finish the next five blocks before another retreat. LOL



Hugs, Beth

2 comments:

  1. It is beautiful! Also, I really liked this post a lot. I love snowfall and I am planning to get married in winters only. I have booked an outdoor venue NYC for my wedding and I am hoping for a good amount of snow that day, so as to get amazing photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like snow. I would be very depressed if I had to live where they did not have snow and this year Minnesota made up for it. Even got stranded at a quilt retreat in the middle of April due to blizzard conditions! LOL Hope all goes well for your winter wedding. You will need to post pictures. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete