Sunday, June 16, 2013

Stash Report

Used since last report:       5.00 yards
Used year to Date:            43.00 yards
Added since last report:     1.67 yards
Added Year to Date:         20.67 yards
Net Used for 2013:            22.33 yards

It has been a while since I reported anything. The month of June just seems to have gotten away from me. Last weekend, DH and I went to Fargo to visit with my daughter and family. Saturday was a beautiful day and we were able to sit outside and enjoy a fire pit. There have been so few days that were not rainy and dreary.

On Thursday, June 13, my friend Maureen and I drove to Duluth to see the Minnesota Quilt Show. It was a great show and we did not spend a lot of money. Superior Threads is always on my list because I needed to buy threads for machine quilting. I did buy fabric and the lights to make a lighted Christmas Wall Hanging. It is such an easy small project I should be able to get it done before this next Christmas!!! 


One of the other things I bought were rotary cutting templates and instructions by Marti Michell to do pineapple blocks using my 1 1/2" strips. It will be interesting to see how they work. That way I will not have to print foundation blocks to paper piece on.


I finished a Strip Twist flimsie for "Leftovers --- NO MORE" class which will be the first scrap club class. Had hoped to get it quilted but you know how that can go.  The class for "Basics of Leftovers" went well. I had a lot of fun putting together a slide show of sewing areas and scrap bins that were a complete disaster and then how they could look after some organization was done. Cutting and organizing scrap ideas presented were some of my own that I have practiced for years, some from Bonnie Hunter, and ideas collected from some of the modern quilting groups. The students had time to start cutting scraps they had a long. The ladies seemed to enjoy the class and were seeing things from a new perspective.

This is the second Strip Twist (http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005/06/strip-twist.html) I have done. It is just such a wonderful stash busting quilt and so fast to make. The fabrics were a very eclectic assortment. Some were from the early 1980's to current. They all just seem to work in a scrap quilt. See http://creativeb-designs.blogspot.com/2012/07/stash-report_22.html to view the Strip Twist I made for my grandson's graduation.


 Hope everyone has a great day!!

Make sure you hop over to Patchwork Times and see what others are doing.
Beth

6 comments:

  1. So glad your class went well!! It is so rewarding to help others learn new things, isn't it? I absolutely LOVE that Christmas wall hanging!!! Where can I find the pattern? Have a lovely week :*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was no actual pattern for the Christmas wallhanging. It is a panel, cut into blocks with sashing strips. The panel is: Stonehenge Starry Night, 20101M by Deborah Edwards for Northcott. The Northcott site gives the suggestion about the lights. Also, on the Northcott site there is a larger quilt made with the panel in the center that looks a little like the wallhanging. I bought a coordinating red star fabric for the border, and a light cream with gold fabric for the sashing. It is a easy enough concept that it should be able to be constructed without a regular pattern. The panel comes in blue also.

      Once I got over my nervousness, it was great to teach again. They were a great class.

      Hugs,

      Delete
  2. You've done a lot. Love that Strip Twist quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Strip Twist quilt was such a fun and fast quilt to make.

      Thanks and Hugs!!

      Delete
  3. Your strip twist looks wonderful good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vic! It was fun to make and I think it would be fun to do one with 2" strips. Well maybe -- LOL
      Hugs,

      Delete