Sunday, July 21, 2013

Stash Report

Used since last report:       4.00 yards
Used year to Date:            47.00 yards
Added since last report:     3.00 yards
Added Year to Date:         29.17 yards
Net Used for 2013:            17.83 yards

Where is the summer going??  July is more then half over and it seems like summer just barely arrived. I do have to WHINE about the heat wave we had this last week. 95+ degrees weather just does not agree with me, especially when the humidity gets so high. Have to admit I holed up in the nicely air conditioned sewing room. 

Last weekend we went up to Fargo, North Dakota, to celebrate July birthdays for our daughter, Natalie, son-in-law, Norman, and grandson, Jacob.  We also brought something extra for grandson, Jordan, since we missed celebrating his birthday in February. Natalie was very happy with her birthday present. I order the adapter for machine needle felting. My son helped me modify an old sewing machine into a needle felting machine. It works very well and was a lot less expensive then buying a needle felting machine. The sewing machine will never be able to sew again because the whole shuttle area needed to be removed, but I think I have a significantly sufficient supply of sewing machines!!! TeeHee!!!!  (Hubby completely agrees!!!! LOL)

On Monday, we had our Sew-Sew Monday at Grubers Quilt Shop. It was a fun day sewing. Connie brought her Stars & Strings quilt from the Fall/Winter 2012 Quilt Sampler magazine. It turned out so beautifully.


On Friday, I finished piecing Hopscotch, Butterscotch quilt by Bonnie Hunter from her "Leaders & Enders" book.  My very nice hubby held the flimsie up for me to take a picture. I am very happy with how it turned out. I did have to buy the sashing fabric. Everything else came from scraps.


I am still in the black for stash enhancement. Trying very hard not to purchase unless I need it for a project. I did buy two one-half yard pieces of brown fabrics for a large quilt I am working on for our bedroom, besides the fabric for Hopscotch.

Little by little I have been sorting through stored UFO's. A few projects are being donated. Some projects that had not been started but had the fabric pulled for them have been dismantled and the fabric is going back into stash. Once things are back in the stash then I am able to know what I have and start using it. It is amazing how much a person accumulates. 

I am also considering selling my knitting machine. It hasn't been used in years and there is starting to be people interested in buying knitting machines. Sometimes it is just so hard to let go of "Stuff."  I always think I am going to want to use it sometime!! Bet no one else does that! LOL.

Make sure you hop over to Patchwork Times and see what others are doing.
Beth




6 comments:

  1. I love your Hopscotch, Butterscotch quilt. Such pretty colors!
    You are so lucky to live near Grubers Quilt Shop. That is a wonderful store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, Glad you like Hopscotch. It was a fun fast project to make since I had a lot of the four-patches already sewn as Leaders & Enders. I am guessing that you have visited our wonderful state of Minnesota since you know about Grubers. After having worked there for eight years, my stash became quite extensive!! LOL Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I love those 6 pointed stars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Connie did such a good job on those stars. To bad I didn't get a picture of one done with a blue background pieced by another friend.

      Delete
  3. Wow! I just saw your version of Hopscotch Butterscotch and I am smitten! It is Scrap-a-licious! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I like your "Scrap-a-licious". It is such a fun and fast quilt to make, especially if doing the 4-patches as Leaders/Enders. Thanks for stopping over --
      Hugs

      Delete