Sunday, September 2, 2012

Stash Report

Used since last report:      0.00 yards
Used year to Date:            76.395 yards
Added since last report:     4.625 yards
Added Year to Date:        58.615yards

Net Used for 2012:           17.78yards

This week all will power flew out the window. I did a very nice job of "Stash Enhancement." Honestly ---- I only went into the quilt shops looking for a few dot fabrics with light background for a "dotty" dresden plate quilt on black and white prints that I plan to make. I was only going to get a couple of FQ's. Well, at the first shop I only found these:
Since I was not completely happy with the four FQ's I found, I then proceeded onto the next quilt shop. Wow, they had a lot of wonderful dot fabrics with light background and I just couldn't resist them. I did put some back. Aren't the following fun??? Notice I did break down and buy several that did not fit the criteria of light background.
This little fat eight just looked so cute and lonely I had to buy that as well.
The amount of fabric that is needed for all the blades of the dresden plates is approximately five yards. Notice - I bought 4 5/8th yards. I do not even want to mention how many dot fabrics I already had. Once I started going through my overly generous supply of fabrics, it was amazing how many dot fabrics were already part of the stash. The stack is quite tall.  :>)   How many quilts can I make using dot fabrics?? Ideas!!
 

I do have a quilt loaded on the frame for machine quilting, but since it is a charity quilt that I am quilting for a friend, I do not get any credit for fabric used or donated.
 
Make sure you stop by Judy's website, http://www.patchworktimes.com/, to see how others have been doing.
Beth
 


4 comments:

  1. Hard to pass up cute dot fabrics. They are such happy pieces, make me smile. Looking forward to seeing your finished dotty dresden plate quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you fot stopping by. I will keep posting my progress on Design Wall Monday.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I definitely agree with Dee Dee -- dots are just happy!! And you really did make some cute additions to your stash!! And, if it helps, I'll share some words of wisdom that Paula Nadelstern shared with our guild several months ago ... "I used to worry about the amount of fabric that I had. Then I came to realize; when it comes to fabric, more is more! I'm okay with that." If it's good enough for Paula . . . !!! Have a great week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have called my stash my 401K plan for years. That was my reason for stock piling so much fabric. ;>) The dots are a blast to work with!!

      Delete