Sunday, November 4, 2012

Stash Report

Used since last report:      0.00 yards
Used year to Date:            76.395 yards
Added since last report:    5.50 yards
Added Year to Date:        64.115 yards
Net Used for 2012:          12.28 yards


I went shopping this afternoon for fabrics to add to Bonnie Hunter's new mystery, Easy Street, that will start on November 23. The shop was having a 30% off sale, so of course, that justifies the purchase - Right?  Even though I shopped mostly my stash, of course, I needed additions. VBG!!!
This is what I had. The stripe had the perfect colors, so I used it to pull my colors together. Not sure I will be able to use it, but sometimes even I am surprised what I find when I shop my own stash. LOL
This is what I added.
This is what the collection looks like when all put together. I will be pulling more white with black prints. Not concerned about them because I have plenty.
I did buy a couple of other fat quarters - "just because!"
Last weekend, friends and I were on a great retreat. It started out a little rocky because the heat did not work in the lodge where we were to sleep. Finally they found the problem and the place heated up very quickly, but all of us scrambled for any extra blankets or quilts we had in our vehicles. Quilters are always prepared!!!  The lodge where we slept was very nice.
Here are pictures of our sewing area. That is my friend, Mary, waving from way in the back. The sewing area was in a different building from the sleeping area, but it was nice to step outside and get some fresh air. We shared the sewing area with scrapbookers. There is a large screen on the one end and they show fun "chick flick" movies. Also, we did not have to cook. So besides the dedicated sewing time. there were no chores and lots of visiting. 

Darlene finished a cute Christmas "flimsie." 
Mary finished the binding on this quilt. It is for donation to one our guild service projects.
I finished the machine applique of the Dresden Plates at retreat and worked on Bonnie Hunter's "Blue Ridge Beauty." Would you believe that I again did not have enough fabric to finish sewing all the components? This quilt top was started at spring retreat. Maybe next spring, it will get done.

Hope over to Judy's "Patchwork Times" to see how others are doing with their stash report.  http://www.patchworktimes.com/2012/11/04/stash-report-week-44-2012/

Beth



8 comments:

  1. What a fun retreat! My favorite retreats are the ones where I don't have to cook :*) And you've got some great fabrics for Easy Street. I picked out my fabrics yesterday and I think I have all I need, unless I decide to change out the gray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The retreat was great fun and did get a lot of sewing done. I also am not sure about my gray but will try to pick up a paint chip the same as Bonnie's and then we will see if I need to change it out. It will be fun to sew along with you!!

      Delete
  2. I didn't know I was at your retreat. I really like my little Christmas quilt -- tee hee. My full name is Darlene. Your retreat center looks great! What city is it near? I love, love your fabrics for Easy Street. I'm trying real hard not to pull fabrics for it, but I'll probably give in before the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dar, It would have been a hoot to have two "Darlenes" at the retreat. Yes, your Christmas quilt turned out great!!! LOL
      The retreat was at Bug-Bee Hive resort on Lake Koronis, Paynesville, Minnesota. It is so nice there in the fall. Love to go for a walk while I am there.

      Delete
  3. Love the colors for the mystery. That stripe is perfect, hope you can use it.
    The retreat looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't hardly contain myself until Nov. 23rd. I think the stripe might be enough for a bias binding. All depends on the border.
      The retreat was great and uninterrupted sewing was wonderful. NO cooking!!! LOL

      Delete
  4. "Dar"--I like your Christmas quilt too! I really should quilt it for you:-) Guess I better pick up a back for it real soon so you have it in time for December. It was very fast and easy (very large pieces); the snowflakes took the longest. We did have a great retreat and lots of fun, laughter, and good food! If you don't know Beth personally, she is a great lady and quilter too! (There aren't a lot of us Darlenes,right, so we are special) LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to have to watch myself with two "Dar"s to keep track of me. VBG

      Delete