Sunday, January 5, 2014

Stash Report - Week 1, 2014

Used:        0.00 yards
Added:      0.00 yards

The start of a new year with a clean slate is such a feeling of new beginnings. I was thinking about not doing the stash report this year, because I know that I will purchase fabric that will be "just because I like it!"  Decided to rethink this. By keeping the stash report, it makes me think about what I am purchasing. Also, the stash report helps me create a purchase plan. For the coming year, there is a need to add "light value" fabrics in all color categories. Also, I would like to add more fun graphic fabrics that are more contemporary. It will be interesting to see I how do through the year.

It is also interesting to see how much I use through the year. This year I hope to finish at least one UFO a quarter. The UFO's are tops that are pieced but need to be quilted and bound. Notice that it is not an overly ambitious challenge. That is because a lot of the time I get the top pieced but do not get it quilted. 

This is a year to just enjoy and have fun. No guilt is allowed!! LOL I hope for everyone to have a wonderful and enjoyable quilty 2014.  

Make sure you hop over to Patchwork Times and see what others are doing.

Hugs, Beth

8 comments:

  1. It is definitely woth it to see how much you use and if it makes you buy a little less just because and a little more with a purpose in mind it is all a win win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathie, I agree completely. If I didn't keep a report, I might get completely out of control! LOL
      Hugs

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have a manageable plan. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Libby. Boy am I into manageable goals this year!!. I didn't hardly make any of last years goals.. LOL
      Hugs

      Delete
  3. Beth, That is why I'm doing the report also because I "fall in love" with fabric and no plan. I'll be shopping for more neutrals this year also. I am keeping my goals simple too, just because I dislike never making them! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, Always nice to find out others are in the same boat!! TeeHee I have found out from past experience that a purchase plan for the year does work well for me.

      Delete
  4. Beth, it makes sense to me!! This is my third year of tracking stash, and each year my goals have been slightly different. More than anything, I just track because I like numbers! LOL! Have *fun* with it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise, This is also my third year, so we are on the same track. Not so sure it is about the numbers as much as it makes me think about my purchases --- Sometimes!!! LOL
      Hugs

      Delete