Sunday, January 26, 2014

Stash Report

Used since last report:        0.00 yards
Used year to Date:               0.00 yards
Added since last report:     2.00 yards
Added Year to Date:            2.00 yards
Net Used for 2014:              -2.00 yards 


Whew!! It has been a long three weeks. We attended a visitation for Roger, a good friend of my husband and he was best man at our wedding, who passed away on Dec. 31, 2013. The visitation and funeral was held in South Dakota on Jan. 8th & 9th, so we were gone from home almost two whole days. 

After we arrived home from South Dakota, I quickly packed to go on my "English Manor" quilt retreat which started on Thursday, Jan. 9th. The theme was Downton Abbey. Quite a few of us worked on "Fanfare" by Chris Hoover made out of Downton Abbey fabric. We had a formal dinner on Saturday evening and a lot of the ladies did a good job of dressing up. One of the attendees came as Mr. Bates. She was great in a suit. The caterers served us a seven course meal in the English manner.  
Saturday evening formal dinner.
While at the retreat, we of course made a trip to the quilt shop in Randall and I did purchase a few fun pieces. It is always nice to add some fun fabrics to the stash! LOL



On Sunday, after the retreat, I drove up to Fargo to spend the week house-sitting and doing the "Chipper Watch." He is my daughter Natalie's dog and is always such a personality. Notice how much company he was --


While in Fargo, I kept working on Fanfare until the top was finished. I knew that If I did not finish it immediately, it would become another UFO that would take years to finish.  I didn't even count the fabric "in or out" because it was being used before it became "vintage" or "well aged." Chipper made sure he watched over me, so that I kept on track !!! LOL  Notice how he is keeping such an eagle eye on me ----


Fanfare - designed by Chris Hoover

I was snowed in for two days after the blizzard in North Dakota while at Natalie's and it was wonderful because I slept, read, knitted and just generally zoned out in front of the TV while I streamed British TV and some movies. Sometimes we just need some down time with absolutely NO responsibility except to feed Chipper and let him in or out periodically.  By last Sunday though, I was only to happy to head home.

Everyday since last Monday has been someplace to go!! LOL  Not a lot of sewing time at home. Monday, if the weather does not make the roads too bad for travel, I am expecting Maureen and Mary for a sewing day. Mary's hubby will join us later in the day, for food and cards in the evening. Sounds like a pleasant way to spend a wintery day!!

Hugs to all and make sure you hop over to Patchwork Times and see what others are doing.

Hugs, Beth

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like your retreat was a lot of fun! I like the theme as I'm a fan of Downton Abbey. Speaking of snow, there's more on the ground here again, Can hardly keep up with the shovel. My hubby will have to get the snow blower out pretty soon. I can't wait for summer and I don't even like the hot weather. I'm just sick of this snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The retreat was great and I look forward to watching Downton Abbey each Sunday. One person I know has already watched all of Season 4 but I enjoy the wait! LOL My daughter was in Panama, where it was 94 F., while I was waiting out the blizzard at her house. No sympathy from mother! I too am starting to look forward to the end of snow but guess it'll be a while --- Just think of all the sewing time while cooped up in the house. Hugs and this too will pass.

      Delete
  2. Whew! Girl, you sewed up a storm to get that top done so fast! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chipper made sure that I kept my nose to the grindstone. He makes a great task master!!! LOL Sorry about all the cold and snow we have been sending your way!!
      Hugs and keep warm ---

      Delete