Sunday, May 20, 2012

Girl's Weekend

Just a little late on reporting about Girl's Weekend. My two daughters and I try to plan one weekend a year to get together and have a fun time.
Brenda (youngest), Beth, Natalie (middle child)
(You can see that the girls take after the tall Norwegian side of the family)

Both Natalie and Brenda arrived on Thursday evening (May 9th) and went with their Dad to Cribbage Tournament. (We couldn't leave him out of the weekend completely). On Friday, there was a shop hop of Antique Shops and Boutique's. We found several really neat items at some of the shops. For one of my friends who is completely crazy about dragonflies, I found a garden decoration of silverware knives made into a dragonfly. Haven't decided if I can wait until her birthday, which is in December, or give it to her now to enjoy. I vote now!!!


I also bought a hanging basket and a bunch of potted geraniums for my pots on the front porch and a turntable. I painted the turntable orange and have put a three tier holder on it and put it by my sewing machine. It is sure nice to be able to rotate the the holder with my threads in it.


My daughter, Natalie, bought the neatest lamp for the new house they will be moving into at the end of this month. The lamp used an antique camera tripod for the base and had a thin rawhide lampshade. We had lunch at a nice little bakery/cafe in Cambridge, MN, to gain strength for the rest of our browsing/shopping. All in all, it was a great outing day with the girls.

On Saturday, we attended a craft show in Brainerd, MN. There were only a couple of booths that had some very nice items. One booth had the nicest woven rugs with some of the most unique materials woven in. I bought two small ones for our bathroom which I plan to paint this year. Then we went to Country Fabrics Quilt Shop. Guess what ---- I BOUGHT FABRIC!!! I had been doing so well at not buying fabric, but they had some nice orange fabrics and black/white fabrics which I will use in my grandson's graduation quilt.
Natalie and Brenda in front of Country Fabrics

After all of our hard shopping, we had lunch at Christmas Point. Delicious!! We finished out the afternoon, browsing at Christmas Point. Loved some of the items but way out of my budget. We went home to have steak on the grill with the guys (hubby and son, Byron).

Sunday we had a late breakfast of french toast and sausage. The girls then headed home. It is always great to spend time with the family. It was a great weekend.
Beth

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful to spend such a great time with your girls!!! It looks like you had a lot of fun together. I vote for gifting the dragonfly now too :*) Think of all that time she could be enjoying it! I love your turntable idea - really cool!!!

    ReplyDelete