Sunday, July 1, 2012

Stash Report

Used this Week:                               0.50 yards
Used year to Date:                         64.27 yards
Added in the last two Weeks:        3.16 yards
Added Year to Date:                       42.615 yards
Net Used for 2012:                           21.655 yards

Where is the summer going? It is hard to believe that the 4th of July is only a couple of days away. Don't know what all I have been doing but seems like it has been busy. My son bought a place about 15 miles from us and is in the process of moving, so I have been cleaning his new place. Also attended a grad party for grandson up in Fargo, ND. 

My heart goes out to all the people in the fire zones and everyone suffering from the extreme heat. I am thankful every day for our good fortune.

On June 14th I attended the Minnesota Quilt Show held in the convention center in Rochester.  It was a bus trip and it was wonderful to leave the driving to someone else. The show put on by MN Quilters is always nice show. There were several exhibits that were especially enjoyable. A group of cow quilts done by Mary Lou Weidman or inspired by the Mary Lou Weidman book "Out of the Box with easy blocks" was hilarious (check out the website for a cow quilt http://marylouquiltdesigns.com/). Another exhibit that was interesting was inspired by 365 days of aerial photos of earth. W

WooHoo!!! I only bought one pattern, one small kit (it was just tooooo cute), and a cone of thread for machine quilting at the MN show. The kit is going to be a little wall hanging for my youngest daughter. I am always telling her that she will "kiss a lot of toads before she finds a frog" and I thought this kit "Spell Gone Bad" was just too much fun.
On June 23rd I attended a quilt show by Pinetree Patchworkers in Brainerd, MN. It was a lot of fun because there were so many people who attended that I knew. It is always fun when we get to visit with people not seen very often. The quilt show was small but fun and is held every other year. In the vendor area, the crystal booth was there and of course I just had to buy some crystals and a snow globe pattern.
After leaving the show, the local quilt shops were the next destination and I did break down and buy some fabric. Guess I didn't slap my fingers hard enough but some of the fabric is going into a grandson's graduation quilt. Is that justification for buying fabric or what??? Below is some of the fabric I bought, but I have already made a cup cozy from some of it. There are plans to make more of these.
Currently I am working on a quilt for my grandson's graduation and will have some significant yardage to report. The pattern is a free one from Bonnie K. Hunter called "Strip Twist." Someone had a picture of one done with black/white fabrics and brights and I thought it would be the perfect quilt for Jake. I think I need to make it larger before adding borders. Still need to do some rearranging but it is getting there.
Check out what others are doing at:   http://www.patchworktimes.com/
 
Beth

4 comments:

  1. Yummy! Looks like you found some good deals and lovely fabric to bring home too! Great job on your grandson's quilt. I am working on a graduation quilt for my niece but I haven't made enough progress to blog on it yet. I want to have it done to give to take to college with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun you've been having! And productive, too with that Strip Twist going together so nicely. Stay cool and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Love the strip quilt. Love the cup cozy. What is the pattern? I feel a few of them coming on from my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love that shoe fabric and what you created with it

    ReplyDelete