Saturday, January 20, 2018

Catching up!

It is time to catch up with doings of 2017. My youngest daughter, Brenda, was married September 2, 2017. Since I am not at all biased, I think they are such a cute couple. The new son-in-law, Scott, is from Wisconsin and is a Green Bay Packer fan in Viking territory. For Christmas I could not resist having a little fun at his expense and sewed him  a "Packer Crying Pillow." Not sure he appreciated his new MIL. LOL


Since Brenda received vintage china as a wedding gift, I thought Scott should receive something that he would enjoy. Couldn't resist making him a deer quilt, since he is such a hunter/fisher person.

"
Just finished up placemats that are gifts. The pattern I used is "Take Four." Four FQ's stacked, cut and rearranged makes four placemat tops.
Set of 4 placemats with a little hedge-hog print.
Two sets of four (8 total).


Since I have two retreats coming up, it is time to start cutting and organizing projects. The one that is currently being cut is the border for "Journey's End" by Kim Diehl.


There are so many projects to catch up with. Since we have moved up to Aitkin, MN, I have been having so much fun going to guild meetings, meeting new people, and being so close to everything. What fun!


Hugs, Beth


2 comments:

  1. Love the placemats, they will look prefect on our table :)
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete