Sunday, January 21, 2018

SKOL! BOM and Aardvark

Sorry, couldn't resist saying "SKOL" I am waiting in nervous anticipation for the Vikings/Eagles game to start.

While waiting for game time, I am cutting some more pieces for the borders of my Journey's End quilt. Since this was a BOM and the fabrics were included, it takes longer to cut all those pieces from the kit fabrics then if it was a true scrappy quilt. I have a lot of scraps already cut or strips in the correct dimensions.

Last Tuesday at Country Fabrics, I started the HandiQuilter Ruler of the Month. Received the first ruler (Pillbox), now there must be a quilt I can use it on. Right now I have a back for a Tula Pink quilt loaded on the frame and have already decided how I am going to quilt it.

At Colorz Quilt Shop in Brainerd, they have started a stash BOM using the desk calendar "Inspiring Stitches" by Heartland Heritage. It is a twelve month program. Looks like fun and I think I am going to start it but I have to use only my own stash.  Sounds like a plan. LOL


Last time I was a Grubers Quilt Shop in St. Cloud, MN, I couldn't resist the following Aardvark pattern. Thought it would be a good cushion for when people end up sitting on the floor due to a shortage of places to sit. Have to admit, I adore most everything that Pam makes.



Well, off to cut some more pieces and wait impatiently for the football game to start.

Go VIKINGS!!!

SKOL!! SKOL!! SKOL!! SKOL!! SKOL!! SKOL!! SKOL!! SKOL!! SKOL!! SKOL!! SKOL!! 

Hugs, Beth

2 comments:

  1. Yea, well about that SKOL!, mine did not work either. It was a good year though and when you have been a fan as long as I have, you get used to it. Will be watching the progress on the Mandala Cushion. What is is stuffed with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb, It was a hard game to watch. The cushion uses a 32" round pillow form or you can use 4 bags of fiberfill. I probably won't start the cushions until next summer.
      Have a great day.

      Delete