Monday, April 23, 2012

Sunday Stash Report

Used this Week:                              3.625 yards
Used year to Date:                       42.485 yards
Added this Week:                         0.00 yards
Added Year to Date:                    32.375 yards
Net Used for 2012:                     10.11 yards

Bee Creative spring retreat at Bug-Bee Hive Resort was a a lot of fun (don't you just love the name???). I arrived on Thursday afternoon and left at noon Sunday. Quilters were in the minority at the spring retreat. There were a lot of scrapbookers and were a lot of fun. One of the retreaters was at the retreat with her two daughters. What a fun weekend for them. The resort has a projector screen in the crafting area and a lot of "chick flicks" were shown throughout the weekend. Not that we paid a lot of attention to some of the movies. We were too busy "creating/sewing," talking, and eating. It is so nice to go some place and not cook or clean. The food was fantastic and of course we were afraid we were going to "melt" away from lack of nourishment!!! LOL

I thought quilters brought a lot of stuff, but I think scrapbookers brought more!!! 

It was a very productive weekend for me. I finished two flimsies. A baby quilt and a table runner.

It rained on Saturday and it was such a good day to stay inside and sew that we skipped going on a road trip - QUILT SHOP!!!  Well --- That saved me from possibly adding to my stash. Oh, bummer!! LOL


Besides the two flimsies that I completed, I managed a good start on Bonnie Hunter's "Blue Ridge Beauty." I sewed and cut until I ran out of fabric. Would you believe I actually did not have enough projects with me? I managed to stretch it out until after breakfast Sunday morning. It was almost a major tragedy. Guess, I'll have to make sure that never happens again.
 Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment